Our Original Location – McMinnville, Oregon
Our original location, which houses our 15-barrel brew house, opened in 1993 and is located on 3rd Street in Historic Downtown McMinnville in the heart of the beautiful Willamette Valley.
The McMinnville building was originally a warehouse built in the 1920’s and constructed with huge local Douglas Fir post and beam timbers and concrete walls. Some of the timbers are two feet thick and three feet wide and over twenty feet long. The building was a concrete shell when the Kirchers bought it in 1993 and with a crew of 35 guys working six days a week they converted it into a restaurant and brewery. We have been in operation for twenty-five years now. For the first seven years the establishment boasted only the big bar and concrete floors, no booths or woodwork on the walls just paint and sheetrock. In March of 2000, the establishment underwent major renovation. A carpenter installed 11,000 feet of recycled Douglas fir wood trim and added carpet, booths and new furniture in the dining room. We have remodeled and expanded the kitchen three times since opening in 1993.
The bar at the heart of the McMinnville pub hailed from the historic Hoyt Hotel in downtown Portland. The original bar was abandoned after a 1962 renovation and was salvaged and stored in a warehouse in Portland until a contractor located it for us. Constructed of Honduran Mahogany it’s an imposing 24 feet long and the back bar stands 14 feet high. The Kirchers completely refinished it by hand after moving it here in a U Haul from Portland on a rainy Sunday night.